Wednesday 30 July 2014

The 5:2 diet, guillemots and the Commonwealth Games...

Afternoon folks (almost)! Yesterday was quite successful in a few areas.

Monday after my new equipment arrived, I spent the rest of the day hidden away in my studio carving my new linocut. I opted for the guillemots I drew the other day. I loved the simplicity of the design and thought it would come out really well with the new ink.


I was right! This is a proof print, not on the paper I plan on using for my finished prints, but I wanted to make sure it was all cut ok, and was going to look how I wanted. So yesterday afternoon was spent creating 10 prints, which are now hanging in my studio drying. 



Yesterday was also successful in terms of the 5:2 diet. (I'm sorry I had to mention this!) but it's the first diet I have ever tried, not because I am really over weight...I just started to notice my weight gradually creep up and wanted to put a stop to it before it went too far...and so far, so good! I simply try and eat only 500 calories on a Tuesday and a Thursday (due to the days that best suited me)and to be honest, sometimes I'm not very good at sticking to it. Yesterday for example, I still managed to have a bag of Maltesers! Still managed to loose some weight though! So it's definitely working for me. 

Also managed to get a bit of lazing around in and watching the Commonwealth Games. I am really enjoying it! Watched some of the boxing for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed that, as well as the track and field and swimming events on the evening. It's great during the holidays when I don't want to do a lot, but know that something good will be on TV...not sure what I'm going to do once it finishes, I had this problem with the Olympics in 2012 as well. I also heard on the radio yesterday that one of the giant Tunnocks Teacakes was being auctioned and was at around £700 with a few hours to go...I wonder how much that went for! Great way to raise some money though!

Right well, off to check on my prints, let's hope they're dry so I can get them trimmed...


No comments:

Post a Comment