Thursday 31 July 2014

A day of art...

Apart from a trip to my local fish mongers this morning, I have spent all day in my studio...so it's a good job it's been quite grey and dull outside.

Job one today was to finish my Guillemots print. I needed to trim them down, sign and number them all.
I have to say though, I love the finished print! I'm really happy with the finish (which isn't my normal reaction to my artwork) What do you think?
 I printed ten of these, and I'm not going to use the linocut for anything else, so it will simply stay at these 10. If you would like to purchase one please check out my Etsy shop where you can find them for £30 with free UK delivery. I have started doing international delivery too now! Although, I am afraid this will incur a small charge due to shipping fees.



So, trimming and signing the prints didn't take all day...as I mentioned, I went to my local fish mongers this morning to purchase a sea bass...not specifically to eat - although it has now been filleted and is ready to cook. I had other plans in mind before hand...here's a little sneak peek at my new gyotaku piece...


In a day or so I will post a gyotaku tutorial incase you're interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment