Saturday 26 July 2014

Hiding from all the busy...

Living in Tynemouth has it's pro's and con's. I love the place itself, it's beautiful. There is always plenty to do, and everything I need is on my doorstep. But that also means that people flock here...particularly on a lovely summery day.
 I realise that people coming here is a good thing - contributing to the local economy and everything, but it can get a bit tiring day after day when the weather is good.

 So...I was feeling pretty unsociable today. My husband was out all day so I was quite looking forward to having the day to myself.

The day started well too, I managed to sell two of my prints even before 9am, so it had it's positives!

I also completed three avocet prints in green...I love the colour!



So the good thing already is I now only have two of the green prints left and one of the blue. So I can't complain too much!

So, after a trip to the market at Tynemouth Metro Station (weekly market) I decided to hide out in my backyard and get some drawings done. I really enjoyed doing the avocet, so wanted to focus on other birds we see on our coastline, so I did a few sketches of guillemots, oyster catchers and stoneturns. Also did one of a black backed gull, but that came after the photos. I have a few ideas of different ways I can portray these images as well so looking forward to that! However...I need to wait for more linoleum to arrive before I can do anything else...


No comments:

Post a Comment