Tuesday 8 July 2014

Almost there...

Evening folks! So, today has been quite busy, sadly not on the creative front, but in the 'real work' front. 

Day time for me consists of working in a high school with students of a lower academic ability - often dyslexic students. I enjoy it, it can be a great laugh at times (teenagers can be hilarious!) but it's also hard work. 
  However...today marks there only being 3 more getty-ups (this is how my calendar works) until the summer holidays! So I'm very excited and desperately looking forward to seven glorious weeks of relaxing and creating. (apologies to those who work a 'real job' as you probably call it...I don't envy you)

My first week will be spent on Islay. I love Scotland, but have never been to Islay so can't wait. I am looking forward to camping on the beach and enjoying the beautiful sunsets and hopefully fantastic beach combing. I will be taking my sketchbook and Japanese ink as I hopefully want to make some more of these...


I made my first gyotaku fish (gyotaku simply means fish printing) a few months ago, and while it was quite frustrating to do, I loved the finished product. So, hopefully I will be able to catch my own to create something beautiful. Although, I must also add I have never gone fishing before, so it could all go horribly wrong. (So...watch this space I guess!)

I also want to do some more drawing. It's always a good place to start exploring and developing new ideas, especially with a wonderful view (that I am hoping to find!). 

In my last entry I posted a photo of my original beach huts on small canvases, but from that idea it continued to grow, as did my love of beach combing, so I wanted to combine the two...



I love combining natural and ideally found items and turning them into something new, something people can admire! Driftwood is fantastic, so hoping to find a few nice pieces on Islay as well...although some pieces of driftwood are just too lovely to do anything with. So if anyone knows of any good beach combing spots on Islay, feel free to pass the information on...I promise it will stay a secret!

So, off for another evening...Happy crafting folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment