Monday 7 July 2014

Captain's log...

OK..So I'm not actually a 'trekkie' nor have I ever really had a blog before. So this will probably be quite a learning curve (apologies in advance). But I decided to combine a few things I do enjoy.

 First, is my love of creating things. You name it, and I have probably tried it...within reason of course. I have always loved art...not in the visiting a million and one galleries and knowing everything about every artist kind of love for art. But in my own curiosity and experimentation. 
  As a child I was always simply drawing and colouring in. Getting involved in art during my school days became an excellent excuse to get out of lessons I didn't enjoy. But now, in my mid-twenties (my actual mid-twenties...I'm not someone who is in my thirties and can't let go) I do enjoy experimenting and playing with various mediums and learning strange new skills. Some of them take off, and some of them don't. Some I do for a while then get bored, and some are the fail safe that I often come back to.

Secondly, is my love of writing (and reading for that matter) So...I thought this might be a good place to show the world what I do! After all, isn't the dream to make enough money from your creations that working for someone else can become a distant memory? 

So, this is all how (and why) Curious Seagull Studio came to exist. 

For the last few years my studio was simply anywhere in my house that I could organise myself...and by that, I mean leave materials out and come back to them when I fancied. However, I am actually quite an organised person and couldn't really leave paint and canvases out allover the living room floor, especially when I share that living room with a nosey bunny.
 That being said - I finally set up my own studio! (in my basement!) but still a studio non-the-less. And I love it! After sorting myself out with a lovely big desk and collecting all my equipment together from allover the house, it felt great to finally have somewhere I could work in and not have to clear up whenever I am done for the day. 



So, feel free to have a nose, laugh at the disasters I create or share the ones you like and feel free to contact me and say hi...but please be gentle...remember I said I was new to all this! 

Off to yoga now.
Susannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment