Saturday 12 July 2014

Summer time...

Morning! The summer holidays officially begin today (for me anyway!)
 Yesterday was a lovely last day at school, the sun got out in the afternoon as well, and by home time it was roasting. 

My evening last night was spent having a catch up with all my old work friends, even if the night did start a little bit rocky. Forgetting my I.D wasn't the best idea! I look quite young for my age (I'm 26) and as I never usually leave my village (Living in Tynemouth there are plenty pubs/restaurants etc.) I never usually need to take my I.D...so it was quite embarrassing! Lucky for me, my lovely husband drove into town and brought it for me so the night wasn't ruined!

On a more civilised note, this morning I checked on my most recent run of lino prints to find they have finally dried, as block print paint takes quite a long time to dry properly.
 So I was finally able to sign them and get them up on my Etsy shop. For these prints I am simply doing a short limited run of 10 prints, they're all done by hand as sadly I don't have a fancy etching press (this is the ultimate aim!) but I still like the rustic finish they have...




Well...this will be my last post for a week...tomorrow at around 4am my husband and I are leaving for Islay (with art supplies and the camera at the ready!)So check back in a week - I'm hoping for a lot of inspiration that I can share with you!

Have a lovely week folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment