Sunday 24 August 2014

Tynemouth wander, sketching and the beach...

The last few days have felt a lot like Autumn! Not sure what it's been like everywhere else, but I've been freezing! I'm waiting for quite a few new art supplies to arrive (still)...totally forgot it was a bank holiday weekend so they may well not be here till Tuesday or Wednesday. So instead of just twiddling my thumbs I've been sketching quite a lot. Trying to come up with some new designs...


Not sure which one to do next. I thought the middle gannet picture would look quite good as a reduction print. I'd like to do the hermit crab as a print as well, but I'd like to make that quite a detailed one...I guess we shall see which one I fancy when my supplies arrive!

So, this morning I woke up and the sun was shining through the window and it felt quite summery!! Even my little kitchen window herb garden is looking quite happy...



So after all this cold grey weather over the past few days I felt I had to take advantage of it! It's true what they say, if it's nice and sunny it makes you feel nice and sunny! So my husband and I went for a little walk just along the seafront...


This is the bottom of our street, Longsands Beach. As you can see, the last of these flowers are clinging on to summer...they were looking beautiful a few weeks ago, I should have taken a photo then!


Just around the corner from Longsands is another beach, King Edwards Bay...this one is a lot smaller and has the impressive Priory Castle standing at the top. When the tide is out I'm just attracted to the rocks, I love to rock pool...so we headed for those rocks at the foot of the cliffs in front, and walked around to the entrance to the North Pier.


I decided to be a bit artistic with this one. I love black and white photos, I just find them a lot more emotive. This is the North Pier in Tynemouth, it marks the entrance to the river Tyne which runs through Newcastle.
 This part of the pier is always closed off to pedestrians, which is why they've left it without any railings, and with the lovely old cobbles and railway line running to the very end of the pier...the part to the left of the photo with the wall and railing is for pedestrians...not that it's a particularly exciting walk...

Anyway...I love little wanders like that around where I live. Especially if it's before it gets busy.
 Right...Now it's almost time for todays F1...

No comments:

Post a Comment