Thursday 21 August 2014

Country Living and *whispers* Christmas thoughts...

Right, first of all, I'm sorry I uttered that word. I'm not one of these crazy Christmas lovers who has her tree up in November...but, I do like to start thinking about it enough in advance to start making things.
 Between my husband and I we have just over 20 people to get gifts for, and I like to make things! 
  Granted this isn't always possible for everyone...not yet anyway, I've not yet discovered something that everyone likes. As any family, everyone is very different from each other and it's quite hard work...so if you happen to think or see anything that would make good gifts for a range of people then please share!! For some people it get's quite desperate as I really want to get/make them something they'll love but it's really difficult!
 But likewise, if any good ideas come my way I shall also share! Let's all have a home-made Christmas this year!!

Also...totally unrelated to Christmas, some good news came my way today!! I was accepted to sell my artwork on the new Country Living magazine shop!! Very exciting! (I think anyway).
 I love the magazine, I'm the kind of person who flicks through and mentally stores ideas of things I could do to my house, or things I want to buy just because they're pretty. So when I discovered this morning they wanted to put my artwork on their online shop I was over the moon! 
 So you can imagine what I did today!! It of course called for new photos...what do you think of a few of these?...



They look good right? I was happy with them anyway. The photo spec on the website called for simple/plain backgrounds or in brightly lit 'lifestyle' shots. I'm not a one for posing things against a super plain background...I like to get a little of my personality across in all my work, even in my photos.

I have a strange little 'lean-to' against my house; it can't possibly be called a conservatory...it's nowhere near that grand. It's very small, has no lights and there really isn't anything much you can do in it...



So as you can see...not much room in their to do anything at all...however it does have natural light! Which is a great bonus, so this morning I set up this very basic spot to take the photos I showed you before...


So there we go...that's all it takes! 

So, check out my new section on the Country Living Magazine website folks! Let me know what you think. Love all your support folks! It means a great deal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment