Sunday 17 August 2014

Mounting, cellophane and Australians...

Mounting prints that is!

That's pretty much been my day today. After I annoyed my friend and framer by asking him to cut me around 30 different mounts, I have spent the day getting them all put together. And I still have a lot more to wrap in cellophane.

What do you think?




Everything looks a lot more professional when it's been mounted. But after asking various different people, I figured if I sell them like this and wrapped in cellophane then they're protected. They wouldn't need to be framed straight away. But if they did, then they already have the mount which will lower their costs.


I have to admit though, I am really happy with the mackerel print. It really is my favourite. The ink has come out really smooth and I kind of like how the middle one looks like he has a slight little smile on his face. 

Anyway...things have been a bit quiet in my studio lately. My husbands family from Australia are visiting, so there has been a few family outings, and I don't have enough money to splurge on art supplies at the moment sadly, so things have slowed down slightly.
 I think next week I will start making needle felt Christmas decorations, I'm hoping to do my first ever market by the end of the year. A bit scared...I don't have a whole lot of confidence when it comes to that sort of thing, but hey, as the Geordie saying goes; 'Shy bairns get nout'

No comments:

Post a Comment