Tuesday 26 August 2014

Bargains, supplies and the bunny...

Today has started off pretty well! I hope yours has! I decided to go and do some shopping...nothing exciting sadly, just food. But that's quite an achievement for me. I hate shopping in a supermarket more than anything. Despite going with a well organised list I always feel like it's one miserable hour that I will never get back. So about two years ago I started using Sainsbury's for their online delivery. This suited me fine- order online, talk to someone for two minutes while they bring the food to the door and then it's done for another week.
 Well, today I decided to mix things up a little bit (my life is just that exciting) and go along to Whitley Bay, a local town just a five minute drive away.
 My husband and I mainly eat Asian food (after a few months in Asia about 8 years ago we've been addicted since) and thankfully there is an Asian food shop just down the road from the greengrocers. So after wandering around a few shops and getting what I need, I discovered I'd saved £25 on my normal weekly food shop! And to be honest, the food looks a lot fresher! So, can't wait to do that again! Shopping in small shops is nowhere near as tedious as being in a supermarket, so I think I can hack it, especially for a weekly saving of £25!!

So, that was me in a good mood already!...Then, when I arrived home I discovered my art supply order had finally arrived!
 After unpacking and being quite excited at my new supplies, my bunny decided the paper was all hers...(she likes to lie against things)


I'm not quite sure what the attachment was mind. She's quite a fan of ripping paper though, so these things can't stay in the living room for long before I have to put them in my studio - which is definitely a bunny free zone!!

I also came up with this drawing based on a shoal of herring yesterday...


The drawing is A3 in size, so I thought it would make a really cool busy lino print! Quite looking forward to getting this one carved out, but I actually think I might start with a drawing of two gannets that I drew the other day.

The problem now that I have the lino is which drawing to carve first!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment