Tuesday 19 August 2014

Not that seabass again...

It's been a bit of an odd few days, I don't really feel like I've done all that much, but I think I probably have. Been on my lonesome for most of the time as well, so that's probably why I feel like that. (Busy husband and all that)

So, I've been making sure to amuse myself in my studio...it's quite odd having all this spare time if I'm honest...I'll not say I'm secretly looking forward to going back to school yet though!

My Folksy shop has done quite well this week, it seems to be becoming noticed which is great news! (And I really thank everyone for supporting me!)
 Due to a total lack of money lately, getting some orders in has meant I've been able to put in an order myself for some new supplies. I ran out of lino after my mackerel print, and thought I'd be twiddling my thumbs, but I've done quite a bit of drawing in preparation for more lino which has been great - lots of ideas!!

I've finally got my latest Gyotaku piece up on my shop as well. (I know right? It has taken me a while to be happy with the mounting process!) I really do love them though, I love how the capture all the little details of the fish...every single scale...




The huge old wire spool we found on the beach a good while back has come in quite useful to pose my artwork on for photos as well! (That's the worn looking wood behind the first photo) Got to use the free stuff available on the beach, it's just a waste otherwise! 

Right so...that's me caught up, I shall post some of my next lino print ideas in a day or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment