Wednesday 22 October 2014

Never Stop Exploring...

This post can also be read at www.curiousseagullstudio.co.uk

As promised I have been busy in the studio over the past few days! Thought I would post a few updates...I got a little carried away with new lino the other day and ended up carving something I didn't initially intend to...really happy with the result though!...


That was the lino when it was ready to print the other night. Really enjoyed carving it actually. I really wanted to incorporate something from where I live on the seafront in Tynemouth, so this one has the Priory! Thinking of creating a range of this style of print.
This was the moment of truth...


All of my printing is by hand, I don't use a press. so rattling off print after print is a bit of a challenge for me, which is why a lot of my prints are limited in amount...it's hard to tell in this photo but this one is done with blue ink...I will post a photo later on of the finished print!
I've also been working on the cotton bags. I decided to do a design on the front and the back, so yesterday I worked on printing the back of the bags...


Continuing things with my usual 'house-style' font, the back of the bags is now complete and they're all hanging out to dry...just need to work on the front of the bags today! 
Remember, if you're in the area on the 23rd of November you can find me and my creations at The Net (the old low light building) on the North Shields Fish Quay for the winter fair!


No comments:

Post a Comment