Sunday 2 November 2014

Autumn, the Market and getting things sorted...

Well...already November! This year has certainly flown by, in fact, even the last few weeks have. I'm also sad to say this is the last day of the half term holiday, but it has been more than useful! I've have spent most of the time in the studio getting as much ready as possible for my first upcoming Christmas Fair...


Another plug for it! (sorry!) If you're in the area pop along! It would be great to meet you, and you can let me know what you think! 
Anyway, due to today being the last day of the half term I decided to make the most of it, so after a bit of a lie in (That's making the most of it to me!) my husband and I went to Tynemouth Station weekly market for the usual breakfast (this morning it was a waffle!) and to pick up a few things from my friend (and fantastic framer)...


This is one of the Shoal of Herring framed. What do you think? It's amazing how important a good frame is! I'm really happy with this one, I think I might get a few more framed with this one.
I also picked up some mounts he'd cut for me for the Never Stop Exploring prints...


They're now up for sale on the website. I'm really happy with them...still thinking I might do a range in a similar design. I shall have to get my thinking hat on and sketch book out for those.
I've also managed to get the hand printed bags up...one I have already claimed as my own as I love them...double sided as well, so pick which ever side suits you!


So after that, it was time to make the most of the sunshine and head out for a wander! After all, when I'm back at work tomorrow it will be dark on the way to work and dark when I leave- so have to make the most of these things. Also, as much as I love the warm sunshine of summer, I do love the colours of Autumn! So we headed up the coast a little bit (only about 15 minute drive) to one of my favourite places, Holywell Dene...



So...back to reality for a few weeks...so what's that? Seven school weeks until Christmas! (sorry!) But if it's any consolation I am totally unprepared as well!!


(Remember, the blog has also moved to www.curiousseagullstudio.co.uk so please follow me on there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment