Saturday 18 October 2014

Winter fair, bags and Christmas cards...

Last week was a killer! Exhausted barely comes close, however thankfully, it is now the half term holiday, so I have two weeks to get my energy back and get myself sorted for my first ever Christmas market.

In my last post I said I would put up a photo of my latest (and first) furniture creation:


What do you think? I'm really happy with it! a 100% free piece of furniture, fully recycled (apart from a dozen screws) but I love it! It looks awesome in the middle of my living room, and has come in very useful already.

I've also been a little busy designing Christmas cards- I remember a while ago saying I didn't want to make cards, at the time I didn't. But now that I'm doing a Christmas Market I figured it might be a nice touch.
 I am trying to keep them a little different from what I would normally do however, which has been quite nice actually- it makes a change! But here are two designs ready to be printed...


I plan on making five different kinds of cards, so hopefully they'll come out fairly cute!

Another thing I decided to print onto were tote bags...


Not a very inspirational photo I know, but I'm really impressed with the quality of these bags! So I've started carving the lino for these, plan on doing a front and back design so looking forward to seeing what they look like finished!

So hopefully, by the end of November I'll be all prepared for this...


Really looking forward to it, but feeling pretty nervous already actually, having never sold at a market before!! So if you're in the area on the 23rd of November pop along. The building has recently been renovated as well so it should be a good day out...you never know, the weather might be nice and wintery by then!

In other news- I mentioned a fortnight ago now that I was working on an official Curious Seagull Studio website- as things have been fairly busy it's been hard to get things done, but it will be up and running by the end of this weekend...I shall post details here soon!!

Hoping to be able to update a lot more over the next few weeks as well. Have a lovely weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment