Saturday 4 October 2014

A promotion, professional photography and a winter market...

This week has been a pretty good one! I hope other people have had a good one as well.

The first good thing came about on Monday, when I was offered a promotion at my day job! So of course, I said yes before I really thought about the amount of extra work I'd have to do. But hey, it's all part of the fun. So that was lovely...always nice to be appreciated at work.

The second good thing came about on Tuesday night...a good friend (and local friend who just lives a few doors up) is a fantastic professional photographer called Drifter Visual, and he offered to take photos of my work.
 As I've said before, I also sell my work through the Country Living Magazine online store...but how amazing would it be if they put my artwork actually in their magazine? I however don't have the equipment (or knowledge) to be able to take the sorts of photos they need for the magazine, so thankfully, my friend Tom to the rescue!


As you can see, my living room is pretty tiny (although funnily enough we have just had a furniture reshuffle to today and there is not a lot more room!...shame we didn't do it last weekend!) but he managed to get everything set up and was able to take some awesome photos. 


Daft little Pheobe (my bunny!) was desperate to be the centre of attention though, so almost every other photo had one of her ears of butt in! 

What do you think?







How fantastic are they?! I was more than happy with them, but Tom being the professional decided he wanted to take even more but with something else going on to jazz them up a little. So looking forward to that!! These ones however are what Country Living Magazine were after so let's see how that goes (Although they did tell me they were currently designing February's magazine, so if they do go in, it could still be a good while away yet!)

Another good thing happened later on in the week when I was seriously thinking about getting a market/craft stall. I've never done anything like that before. I'm simply not very good at selling myself in person, I much prefer the safer environment of online! However, I guess we have to be brave every now and then if we want people to recognise and buy the artwork. So while I was seriously considering it, and coming up with ideas for a Christmas craft stall, I was contacted by a fantastic new art development down on my local fish quay called Creative Up North. They are holding a Christmas market at the end of November, as well as a four day pop-up shop in December, so I eagerly jumped at the opportunity to be down there for a lovely winter craft market surrounded by other local artists and crafts people. I'm hoping to be sent a marketing graphic/poster in the coming weeks so I shall post one on here when I do.

So it's been a pretty productive and exciting week! I planned on sitting down this weekend and actually coming up with ideas of things I can stock at my winter market stall. But so far I have simply watched the F1 qualifying and moved my living room furniture around. So Maybe after I've done this!!

Another thing I will be doing in the very near future is setting myself up with my own proper website. Very excited for that as well! I will however be moving my blog and things over on to that platform when it's sorted, so I do hope you join me for what I'm hoping will be a really exciting 2015!!




If you're in the North East of England and are looking for a professional photographer then do feel free to contact Drifter Visual. He does amazing work, everything from fantastic portraits (not just your bog standard mind) to amazing product shots. He's interested in helping start-up businesses so feel free to spread his name around, he'll always be happy to help!

Check out Creative Up North as well! I think they're at the forefront of a new artistic community down on the North Shields Fish Quay...so keep an eye out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment