Saturday 27 September 2014

A ship in a bottle, the beach and the pub...

Another weekend! This week has definitely flown by, taking me closer to the next half term. Not complaining too much but at the same time, I do hate wishing my life away.
 I've had a pretty good week though! A few prints have been sold which is always a bonus, I also decided to create a print simply for fun, not that my others aren't, but there wasn't a great deal of planning involved in this one, simply a doodle on a piece of lino...


It didn't take me very long. The lino print itself is just done on a piece of A5 lino, then printed onto A4 paper. Initially I wasn't even going to do a print run, I wasn't sure how the ship in a bottle would turn out, but after almost doing a little poll of support on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook I decided to go ahead and do a print run. However, as it was a pretty quick print, I've decided to keep the costs right down for potential buyers who're looking for something just a little bit different, I'm not getting these ones mounted (for now anyway) I'm simply selling them as they are for £10 each. Each piece is handmade and handprinted so quite a bargain I think...It's always nice to be able to own a piece of original art for an affordable price. On A4 paper means it will fit very easily into a shop bought frame as well, but with a bit of choice for the buyer as I've left a decent amount of background paper.

Here's one with the linocut...


Like I say, just a little bit of fun really!! But I actually really like it. The actual printing has come out lovely as well. I've taking to use a trusty large spoon to get the print to come out properly, but I have an idea for a different kind of brayer that I may get my husband to make me. If I can convince him I shall post a photo on here of my idea and the finished product!

I'm now weighing up the whole Christmas Card thing. Right now, I don't want to be making them to sell, but I am definitely going to make them for friends and family, so I have been playing around with a couple of ideas in my head, although I haven't drawn anything out yet, that may happen this weekend.

Last week the weather around here was pretty miserable. There was just thick low lying cloud for days and days. It was pretty depressing and was making me feel pretty glum. This week has been a lot more pleasant however. There's been some lovely sunny days. Yesterday was one of them so after a wander around the front a Friday night drink was needed in our local...good way to spend a Friday after school...


Right...frustratingly food shopping now needs to happen as well as other boring weekend jobs...hoping to find some time to get creative this weekend though!!
 Is anyone else making/creating anything exciting this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Lovely design! I used to make our Christmas cards, and then got my girls to make them. Slowly got out of the habit now tho! We seized the moment on Thu eve and did low tide & sunset - makes up for the grey days. xx
    Lovingourbeaches.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Caroline! :-) It's quite satisfying making Christmas cards isn't it? I've just made a couple of cards in the past but they weren't handprinted...I guess after the outlay of the carving of the lino my job should be a little easier! :-) Getting crafty definitely does help on a grey day though!! The name of your blog has already drawn me in...off for a nose!! :-) Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete