Saturday 20 September 2014

A little bit of completion and thoughts of craft fairs...

Well, this week has been a bit of a quiet one, but I am exhausted.
 Sadly my day-job just seemed to go on and on last week. It didn't help having to stay late mid-week but I was a day ahead of myself for the whole week as well, so things were a little bit depressing on Thursday night when I'd convinced myself it was Friday.

On the plus side, I knew come the weekend I was going to be able to pick up some blue mounts for my Shoal of Herring print. So after a rare lie in this morning, I was able to pick them up and get them mounted...



I'm really happy with the final result!! I only got 10 blue mounts as I wasn't sure what I would think of them. The issue I had was the paper is Japanese printing paper, and while it is lovely to print on, it is slightly off white. So getting a bright white mount I think would have looked a bit strange. What do you think of this choice? Of course, any new owners can choose to change the mount if they want, but I sort of thought the blue added something a little bit different.
 Ultimately though, I am going to do 30 of these prints and then stop there. I prefer to keep the number limited. I'm the sort of person who after I've done so many prints I prefer to move on and do something totally different, so I think I'd get a bit bored if I kept having to come back to a print from a while ago. The lino doesn't keep it's quality either, so there's only so long you can print them for anyway.


I also finally put my Turnstone prints up for sale. I'm not 100% sure why it took me so long to be honest. I made them about a month ago- and only 3 at that. But then every time I took a photo of them, the photos just never came out right, so I just kept putting them back. Taking photos of the herring today though, I made sure to get a decent shot of the Turnstones. It was quite difficult as the print is 63cm long, so getting it in a square photo can be a little bit difficult.



Pretty happy with how they've come out!! And now I am wondering what I can make next...after I finish off a few more of the Herring lino prints that it.
 Thinking of doing something a little bit different...will keep progress though and post it on here...

I'm also currently wondering about whether I should start doing the odd craft fair or not. I've never done one before. I quite like the whole selling online thing if I'm honest. I think it suits my working full time, crafting part time thing. However, I'm just thinking with it nearing the Christmas run up, whether it may be a good idea to get my work out there in a different way. 
 May have to weight up the pros and cons. I'm not sure the best time to do it...Do I wait until December when people are seriously thinking about buying Christmas presents for people? Or have people possibly purchased most of their gifts by then and therefore won't be looking for that much else? hmm...
 Feel free to shed a light if you have any ideas or anything I haven't thought of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment