Saturday 6 September 2014

School, the Fish Quay and finding the time...

First week back at school is now complete!!! Got to admit, it was pretty full on! My school has changed a lot this year, and the things that I'm doing has changed a fair bit as well, so there was a lot to get my head around. First few days were very, very long...but by the end of the week I'm happy to say I had everything under control so felt a lot happier about the weekend.

The down side was I have barely found any time to carve those herring!

Thursday night I decided to spend some time in my studio and crack on a little bit...


So...It may not look a lot, but I managed to carve 2 more fish out in an hour, which means I have now spent six and a half hours on this A3 linocut. Still a way to go as you can see.


 So, that's 9 herring carved, and 18 more to go. Hoping to get a few more done this weekend and over a few evenings this week...still think it won't be until the weekend after next though when I'm ready to print.

I thought I would also put a picture in of the month of August consolidated...


I'm happy to say the Mackerel prints have done very well. I only made 10 of them, and there are 5 left...so not bad over a few weeks.
 The Gannet's are only a limited run of 5 prints, and I've not long had them up for sale so feel free to check them out!
 Only have 2 of the little green avocet prints left as well, so please feel free to add a piece of my work to your art collection at either my Folksy shop, Etsy shop or at the Country Living Magazine online shop. (Prices are kept the same on all sites)

If you're also interested, you can find me on Facebook, on Instagram (as Curiousseagull) and on Twitter (as Curiousseagull1)

Right folks...best get carving some more of those herring! Can't wait to see it printed!

No comments:

Post a Comment